These promotional clips were made by UPN to build anticipation for the new “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” season six on that network.
They are unusual because, while they were filmed specifically for this ad campaign, the actors never break character nor speak of the series or network. The “Buffy” characters have appeared in commercials before, but they spoke explicitly of the products they were selling. In these clips, none of them ever even say the name ‘Buffy.’
Anya, Dawn, Spike, and Xander have two promos each; Willow has only one. They were each filmed in the same dark, candle-filled room, with the character speaking directly to the camera. They each speak of how Buffy’s death affected them or will affect Sunnydale.
- “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” trademark (® and TM) and copyright (©) 20th Century Fox Television, Mutant Enemy, Kuzui Enterprises, Sandollar Television, and Dark Horse Comics, Inc. All rights reserved.
- “Angel” trademark (® and TM) and copyright (©) 20th Century Fox Television, Mutant Enemy, Kuzui Enterprises, Sandollar Television, David Greenwalt Productions, and IDW Publishing. All rights reserved.
- Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited.
- This web site, its operators, and any content on this site relating to “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel” are not authorized. The webmaster is not affiliated in any way with any of the trademark or copyright holders.
- The information on this site is provided solely as an entertainment resource. No copyright infringement is intended or implied.